Spot Removal Guide
If you have ever stained, splashed or dripped something on your carpet or furniture, this chart was made for you. While we don’t have all the answers, here is a guideline to help keep your carpets and upholstery spot-free.
Keep this guide handy for quick reference. When a spot or stain occurs, first and foremost, ACT QUICKLY! The longer a spot or stain remains in the carpet, the harder it is to get out.
Please follow the guidelines below when attempting to remove the spot or stain. A few words of caution: ALWAYS DO A TEST SPOT REMOVAL on a portion of carpet that is not normally visible. Be careful not to over-wet. NEVER USE BLEACH!
Remember, these are safe methods of spot removal, but don’t guarantee removal. If the spot is not removed, contact us today!
Colourfast Test For Ammonia
Please follow the guidelines listed below when using an ammonia based solution:
- Mix ammonia according to mixing procedures.
- Test an inconspicuous area (i.e. by the zipper on the cushions).
- Apply ammonia.
- Apply surface pressure with white cloth and observe if any colour transfer has occurred.
- If no colour transfer, it’s safe to use.
- If there is colour transfer, we would recommend an Aquamist technician inspect the stain.
Remember, this colourfast test is recommended by Aquamist, however Aquamist Carpet Care Ltd. cannot be held responsible for any damages caused.
Caution With Solvents
Here’s an important point to keep in mind when using solvents:
- It is best to first apply solvent to a cloth and then use the cloth to transfer solvent to the carpet.
- Overuse of solvents can delaminate the carpet from its backing. Aquamist Carpet Care Ltd. cannot be held responsible for any damages caused.